Michal Brower, State Farm spokesperson for Florida
(863) 318-3088 or (863) 307-8559 cell
STATE FARM® PREPARING FOR HURRICANE IRMA IN FLORIDA
Sept. 6, 2017 – FLORIDA – State Farm Insurance is preparing for predicted impact of Hurricane Irma in Florida. To provide the best possible service and response to customers who may be impacted by Hurricane Irma, the following are in place:
-Claims adjusters and all necessary State Farm support members are on alert and prepared and ready to mobilize to the affected areas as needed.
-General information to assist the public in their preparation is available at statefarm.com: Disaster Preparedness
-The 1-800-SFCLAIM line is available for customers to begin the claim reporting process after the storm hits, should they be unable to reach their local State Farm agent.
Weather experts are predicting Hurricane Irma’s impact in Florida will potentially bring extremely damaging rain, high winds and possible flooding to Florida. State Farm encourages all residents in the projected path of the storm to plan now and protect themselves and their property should the storm threaten their area:
- Homeowners should secure outdoor objects such as lawn furniture and other items that could be tossed around by winds and cause damage to their property.
- Inside the home, residents should locate important documents such as insurance papers.
- Now also is a good time to check your supply of emergency building supplies like sandbags, plastic sheeting and shovels to use when flood conditions are possible.
- Protecting your home now can help reduce damage from the storm.